In accordance with revisions to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, we will partially revise our “Basic Policy on the Protection of Personal Information” (hereinafter referred to as the "Policy").
This revision is to clarify the procedures and matters to be disclosed by the said revision of the law, and there is no change in the purpose of using personal information or the scope of information to be acquired.
Please confirm the revised Policy below.
Representative Director: Yosuke Maeda
BASIC POLICY ON THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
WOTA CORP. (hereinafter referred to as "WOTA") recognizes the important social responsibility of companies to comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as the "Act") and other related laws and regulations, and to properly manage information that can be used to identify customers (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”), and has established the following Policy.
1. Establishment of Practices to Safeguard Personal Information
WOTA will ensure that its officers and employees recognize the importance of protecting Personal Information and will establish management practices to safeguard Personal Information. In addition, WOTA will clearly define management rules regarding the acquisition, utilization, and provision of Personal Information, and will manage Personal Information appropriately.
2. Acquisition of Personal Information
Whenever acquiring Personal Information, WOTA will clearly state its purpose of utilization, and secure the consent of the customer before lawfully and fairly collecting information within the scope necessary to achieve the stated purpose.
3. Handling of Personal Information
1）Use of Information Within the Specified Purposes
WOTA will not utilize Personal Information obtained in accordance with the provisions of article 2 in any way that exceeds the scope of the purpose of utilization without the consent of the customer. WOTA respects the rights of the customer to their own Personal Information, and will respond in good faith to requests from customers for disclosure, correction, suspension of utilization, or deletion of their Personal Information in accordance with the provisions of the law. The Personal Information obtained by WOTA will be used for the following purposes:
- Planning, research and development, quality improvement, marketing, and sales of WOTA’s products and services, and to provide information about them (including information about maintenance and repair).
- For administrative tasks necessary to respond to inquiries from customers and to provide prompt service.
- To take actions in accordance with the provisions of laws and regulations or notices and guidance from government authorities.
- Other purposes of utilization as specified when the Personal Information is acquired.
2）Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
WOTA will not provide Personal Information obtained in accordance with the provisions of article 2 to any third party without the consent of the customer, except in the cases of 3. 1) (2) and (3) above, in cases outlined under "IP Addresses, Cookies, and Web Beacons," and in cases clearly indicated at the time the Personal Information is obtained.
3）Management of Contractors Handling Personal Information
WOTA may provide Personal Information acquired in accordance with the provisions of article 2 to contractors to the extent necessary to achieve the specified purpose of utilization. In such cases, WOTA will require the contractor to appropriately handle and manage the Personal Information provided.
4）Pseudonymous Personal Information
- In accordance with the standards stipulated by the rules of the Personal Information Protection Commission (hereinafter referred to as "PPC"), WOTA creates pseudonymously processed information (hereinafter referred to as "Pseudonymous Personal Information") processed so that the customer cannot be identified unless collated with other information, and utilizes it in accordance with the laws and regulations. If the purpose of utilization of Pseudonymous Personal Information is changed, the changed purpose of utilization will be announced.
- Purpose of utilization of Pseudonymous Personal Information
- Analysis of consultations and inquiries from our customers
- Analysis of trends in the use of our customers' various products and services
- Analysis of the status of operation and maintenance of our various products and services
- Analysis of the situation regarding improvement of our various products and services
- Analysis and collation of the data of our various products and sales regarding the business operated by WOTA
- Analysis for improving our business
- Analysis of utilization for solving social issues and improving customer satisfaction
4．Response to Data Leaks
In the event of a data leak involving Personal Information, we will take appropriate action including to investigate the circumstances and causes, report to the PPC, and implement measures to prevent secondary damage and prevent recurrence in according with the provisions of laws and regulations.
WOTA will constantly improve its protocols in order to ensure that Personal Information is handled appropriately. Improvements will be reflected in the content of this Policy on an ongoing basis.
You may submit a request to WOTA through our set procedures for the disclosure of your Personal Information, etc. If you would like to request disclosure of your Personal Information, please contact our Customer Service Center below, which will guide you through the necessary procedures for disclosure. Any other inquiries or consultations regarding your Personal Information, such as requests for correction, deletion, suspension of utilization, or deletion, can also be processed through the Customer Service Center. We will respond to each case appropriately and in accordance with the intent of the Act.
Customer inquiries regarding the handling of Personal Information may be directed to:
7. Revision of the Policy and other rules
WOTA will review and improve our Policy and other rules regarding the handling of Personal Information as appropriate. WOTA will notify you of the content of the revised Policy and its effective date by posting it on our website or this service, or by other easy-to-understand methods. However, when making changes that require the consent of the customer under applicable laws and regulations, the consent of the customer will be obtained in a manner separately determined by WOTA.
Regarding security control measures for Personal Information
WOTA has taken the following security control measures for Personal Information:
(1) Formulation of basic policy
- In order to ensure the proper handling of Personal Information, we have established this Policy as a basic policy regarding compliance with relevant laws and guidelines.
(2) Establishment of rules regarding the handling of Personal Information
- We have established internal regulations that stipulate how to handle Personal Information at each stage of acquisition, utilization, storage, provision, deletion, disposal, etc.
- In order to enable all employees who handle Personal Information to perform their duties more appropriately, we have separately prepared operational procedures that define the details.
(3) Systematic security control measures
- In addition to appointing a person responsible for managing Personal Information, we have clarified the employees who handle Personal Information and the scope of Personal Information handled by such employees, and have established a system for reporting and contacting the person in charge. In addition, we regularly review access authorization.
- We have established a system for reporting and contacting the person in charge of management, etc., in the event that we grasp the facts or signs of violations of internal regulations, leakage or loss of Personal Information, etc.
- We have established a system that enables us to respond to incidents promptly and to continue business management.
- The handling of Personal Information is regularly audited by the Audit Department.
(4) Personnel security control measures
- Regular training and confirmation of understanding are provided to all employees regarding points to note regarding the handling of Personal Information and information security, and efforts are made to improve awareness.
- We stipulate matters related to the confidentiality of Personal Information in our employment regulations, and collect written pledges regarding confidentiality and non-competition from employees when they join or leave WOTA.
(5) Physical security control measures
- We manage entry and exit of employees in the work area.
- We have established precautions in the security area and are working to ensure that all employees take note of them.
- We strictly adhere to rules such as delivery of goods to the security area.
- We take measures to prevent unauthorized persons from viewing Personal Information.
- Take measures to prevent theft or loss of equipment, electronic media, documents, etc. that handle Personal Information, and encrypt or lock such equipment, electronic media, etc. We are implementing measures to minimize the impact in the event of theft or loss.
(6) Technical safety control measures
- We limit the employees who handle Personal Information and the Personal Information we handle.
- We always strive to assess the risks and take appropriate measures for systems that handle Personal Information.
REGARDING HANDLING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE IN ORDER TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND HOW WE ACQUIRE, USE, AND PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE “WOTA.CO.JP” (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THIS “WEBSITE") OPERATED BY US, WE HAVE CLARIFIED HOW TO HANDLE IT AS FOLLOWS:
What Personal Information Do We Ask You to Provide?
In order to provide our customers with information about our products and services, as well as employment opportunities to those who have requested information, we ask our customers and applicants to provide us with Personal Information such as their name, address, date of birth, gender, telephone number, and e-mail address. In addition, WOTA may ask for additional Personal Information for the purpose of providing customers with information that meets their needs, but provision of this information is voluntary with the exception of a small number of required fields.
IP Addresses, Cookies, and Web Beacons
WOTA collects the IP address used by the customer’s computer to connect to the Internet for the purpose of administering this website and the group’s related sites. The IP addresses collected on the WOTA’s web server are used only for the purpose of preventing unauthorized access, quickly identifying the cause and restoring service in the unlikely event of a failure of the WOTA’s web server, and appropriately and safely managing and operating the services on this website and WOTA’s group websites. We will not use or disclose your IP address in connection with your Personal Information. WOTA also collects information about your use of the service (including information about your visits to this website and other group sites), but will not use or disclose this information to identify the customer, except in the following cases:
When WOTA deems it necessary in order to protect our website or our customers. In this event, WOTA may take measures to identify customers by their IP address.
Your browser can be set to refuse acceptance of cookies or to alert you when a cookie is being sent.
Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The purpose of utilization of Personal Information is explained on each page of this website where entry of Personal Information is requested. WOTA will not utilization the Personal Information entered on each page for any purposes other than those stated on that page. However, information of the customer’s visitation of this website and WOTA’s group sites will be used for the purposes described in "IP Addresses, Cookies, and Web Beacons.”
Provision to Third Parties and Secondary Use
Depending on the type of service requested by the customer on this website, the customer’s Personal Information may be provided to a third party. In such a case, WOTA will inform the customer and obtain consent for information to be shared with a third party when the customer applies to use the relevant service. However, in emergencies in which it is necessary to protect human life or human rights, or when cooperating with a legal request by a public institution such as the judiciary or police, or when complying with other laws and regulations, WOTA may disclose customers’ Personal Information without notice.
Management of Personal Information
WOTA has implemented strict data management protocols to prevent the loss or exposure of Personal Information provided by customers when using this website. In addition, WOTA stores customers’ Personal Information in an environment that can only be accessed by the manager of this website, and strict security measures are in place to prevent leaks or alteration by outside parties. In the event that we outsource the operation of this website, or the utilization or management of your Personal Information, we will strictly supervise and control the handling of Personal Information by the contractor.
This website may contain links to other websites. Please review the handling of personal information at the linked websites at your discretion. Use of this website is at your own risk. WOTA assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any damages resulting from the utilization of information obtained with the customer’s Personal Information on this website or other websites linked to from this website.
The copyrights and portrait rights of the images on this site belong to their respective owners. Use on this website is not intended to infringe on their rights. Rights holders who have any problems with the content or images on this website are asked to contact WOTA directly via email. We will then review and respond.
If you are redirected from this site to another site via a link or banner, we assume no responsibility for the information, services, etc. provided by the destination site.
While we strive to ensure that the content and information on this website is as accurate as possible, there may be instances of erroneous or out-of-date information.
Please be aware that we cannot be held responsible for any damages or other losses caused by content appearing on this website.
WOTA may review and revise the above-listed policies as appropriate. All revisions will be posted on this page.
Chuo-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN
Postal Code: 103-0002
Representative Director: Yosuke Maeda